Few questions for WebWorld

Questions relating to our broadband services.

Moderators: Web World Tech Support, Design Team, Design Team, Web World Tech Support

Re: Few questions for WebWorld

Postby daveg » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:38 am

Hello,

Great to hear you found us this way ! :) To answer your questions :
1. "Free Wi-fi enabled router" < FREE in what meaning?
We include a free wireless router with the Value, Pro & Enterprise Plan. This will give you wireless internet throughout your home or business.
2) 2. Where are Terms and Conditions on your website?
Our terms and conditions are located here : http://www.webworld.ie/terms.php
3. Is router's administration accessible for customers? Am I going to be able to manage router's security settings myself? For example MAC address filtering or changing password (very important).
Yes we have no problem giving you access to manage the router yourself.
4. What's the minimum contract time? Is there a penalty for terminating the contract before it expires? What happens to the Free Wi-fi enabled router?
Right now we have no minimum contract.
5. If I as a customer lose internet connection on Saturday at 20:00, what would I have to do and how soon would I get a help?
Home broadband support is available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 10pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm. Outside these hours I'm afraid all you can do is wait which is the same for every ISP in the country. We do have a 24/7/365 managed service which is charged at €150+VAT per month if this is a critical requirement for you.
Thanks
Dave Geoghegan
daveg@webworld.ie
daveg

Postby daveg » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:24 am

1. "Free Wi-fi enabled router". Just want to clarify. Does that mean I'm going to own this router? If not, this is confusing then.
The wireless antenna on the outside of your house remains the property of Web World and if you cancel the service we will collect this. But the internal wireless router in your house remains your property.
5. What happens to the "Free" Wi-fi enabled router after contract expires or one of the sides cancels it?
That's up to you. :)
6. If I lost a connection for a period of time, say 24 hours, because of a technical issue on your side, would you refund this wasted time like some other providers do?
Yes we would refund this time.
7. Is there a LAN connection possible to the router (two computers)?
Yes there is 4 ports on the Wireless router however there is no limit on the number of computers you can connect.
Thanks
Dave Geoghegan
daveg@webworld.ie
daveg

ANSWER THIS QUESTION............PLEASE

Postby JORDAN.B » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Do i ask my question here? I will anyway...........
I use clearwire up to 2mb and it costs €40 a month for unlimited downloads.
I see you have 24mb unlimited downloads package and just €2.00 more than mine.
My clearwire contract finally ran out last week so im considering changing to webworld 24mb unlimited downloads package.
I use my broadband mostly for gaming so i need fast connection something that clearwire doesnt give me.
But do i need anything to get your service............i see i dont need a phone line which is cool cause i dont have one but do i need a tv package?(something like that)

And whats webspace you have 500mb limit?
I dont know what that means?
JORDAN.B

Postby daveg » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:01 am

I use clearwire up to 2mb and it costs €40 a month for unlimited downloads.
I see you have 24mb unlimited downloads package and just €2.00 more than mine.
My clearwire contract finally ran out last week so im considering changing to webworld 24mb unlimited downloads package.
I use my broadband mostly for gaming so i need fast connection something that clearwire doesnt give me.
But do i need anything to get your service............i see i dont need a phone line which is cool cause i dont have one but do i need a tv package?(something like that)
Hello,

The prices quoted on our website exclude VAT but there are 2 options available to you. I've attached the VAT inclusive amounts below.

Pro Plan | 12Mbps Down, 1Mbps Up | €39.95
Enterprise Plan | 24Mbps Down, 2Mbps Up | €49.95

You don't need a phone line or to get a TV package. Our service works by installing a small antenna outside your house or apartment. If you could confirm your address to daveg@webworld.ie I'll do a line of sight test.
And whats webspace you have 500mb limit?
I dont know what that means?
This is web site hosting space, you can use this to host a website or files on the internet.
Thanks
Dave Geoghegan
daveg@webworld.ie
daveg

Postby JORDAN.B » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Ok thanks i would get it now but since you excluded vat which is kinda sly and not trusting i will not get it now cause what else are yous hiding.And yous said theres no hidden cost.So id rather stay with slow clearwire that i trust rather than have fast webworld that i dont trust.And now my asian wannabe friend isnt getting it either so yous lost two customers..............................but thanks for answering.
JORDAN.B

Postby daveg » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:34 am

Hi Jordan,

Its normal to exclude VAT on business prices, but in fact it does say "prices exclude VAT @ 21% on the bottom of all our business prices". Nothing sly about this. :)

But you'll be happy to hear we now have residential prices which include VAT. The URL is : http://www.webworld.ie/homebroadband.php

We also offer a 30 day money back guarantee, but if your happy with a slow connection then I really can't argue with that.
Thanks
Dave Geoghegan
daveg@webworld.ie
daveg

Return to “%s” Broadband