Broadband

Questions relating to our broadband services.

Moderators: Web World Tech Support, Design Team, Design Team, Web World Tech Support

Broadband

Postby octron » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi

I only found you did broadband while driving around and my Iphone picked up 1 of your customers wireless signal in the Aylesbury area. Was looking for an alternative ISP for a friend, right now they use Ripware and got a letter that they should change to Wimax before they discontinue the Ripware service.

I see other questions posted by another user so looks like most are answer, so only have a few questions.

Can they move plan to a lower or higher plan? How much notice do they need to give?

If they register for the "Basic Plan" can they use the router they have "Belkin F5D7230-4"?

Are any ports blocked on your side like for occasional gaming, VNC?

What wireless router do you provide with the other plans?

How long after registration do you do the install? They live quite close to you near the Aylesbury shopping center.

Was doing a test registration and was asked to enter a domain name when selecting the Boadband, is it part of the 500mb webspace? Is it included in the broadband plans?

What payment methods do you have for the monthly payment, can they pay with Direct Debit? For initial registration if any is needed is ok I can use my credit card for it.

Thanks
octron

Re: Broadband

Postby daveg » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us, to answer your questions :
Can they move plan to a lower or higher plan? How much notice do they need to give?
Yes they can upgrade or downgrade at any stage. To do that they just need to email accounts@webworld.ie and the update will be done within 24 hours.
If they register for the "Basic Plan" can they use the router they have "Belkin F5D7230-4"?
I had a look at the manual for this router and I believe its a DSL router, so I'm afraid it will not work with our connections. You need to use a cable router with our connections.
Are any ports blocked on your side like for occasional gaming, VNC?
No we do not block any ports.
What wireless router do you provide with the other plans?
Usually TPLink routers but sometimes we use Netgear. The models vary depending on what our suppliers have in stock.
How long after registration do you do the install? They live quite close to you near the Aylesbury shopping center.
We have most installs done within 2 days. (Weather permitting)
Was doing a test registration and was asked to enter a domain name when selecting the Boadband, is it part of the 500mb webspace? Is it included in the broadband plans?
To order broadband you just need to us on 014951112. We have a couple of things which we must go through with you over the phone and to explain how everything works. We do not include a domain name but we do give free hosting with our broadband connections.
What payment methods do you have for the monthly payment, can they pay with Direct Debit? For initial registration if any is needed is ok I can use my credit card for it.
You can pay us monthly by credit card or direct debit.
Thanks
Dave Geoghegan
daveg@webworld.ie
daveg

Postby octron » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi Dave

Thanks very much for the info, will have a chat with him later today and give him all the info.

What type of questions will they ask when they call to order, they are not very tech people.

Just 1 more question, Now they have a Sky dish (I think back of the house) can the Webworld aerial attach to it so no other poles are needed or does it need to be on the chimney? House is West facing.

Thanks again
octron

Postby octron » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi

Chatted to my friend, looks like he will give Weworld a call over the next couple of days.

Thanks
octron

Postby daveg » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Just 1 more question, Now they have a Sky dish (I think back of the house) can the Webworld aerial attach to it so no other poles are needed or does it need to be on the chimney? House is West facing.
Yes if there is space we will gladly use that. The poles cost us extra money. :-)
Chatted to my friend, looks like he will give Weworld a call over the next couple of days.
That's really great thanks, if you ever get broadband with us let me know and I'll credit a free month to your account for passing business our way.
Thanks
Dave Geoghegan
daveg@webworld.ie
daveg

Postby octron » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi Dave

Was chatting to my friend and looks like install is arrange for Monday. :good:

Thanks for your help

PS: Will send you a mail now :D :D
octron

Return to ā€œ%sā€ Broadband