Is College Education Worth The Money?

Web World Announcements

Moderator: Web World Tech Support

Is College Education Worth The Money?

Postby nath5 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:42 pm

An Alternative To College Education
It has been pretty much indoctrinated into western society that the best thing you can do is finish school and then go straight to college, because once you have a degree it will open up a world of prospects. This is pretty much what my parents told me and what many parents today are telling their children.

But how much merit is there to this idea and is it really the best advice you can give young adults?

What Is The Common Advice?

As already stated, modern society seems to lay an awful lot of emphasis on college education, with the idea being that a degree or masters will set you up for life. You go to school, you apply for college and once you have a degree your prospects are so much better than if you don't get a third level education.

Politicians often state that they want to see more college educated people and that this will lead to prosperity and wellbeing. The reasons they state for this belief is that college educated people have a higher average income than non-college educated people. But is this the whole truth and can cause and effect be simplified that much?

In my opinion and experience the higher income of college educated people is not so much to do with the college education itself, but rather with the mind set of the average person that goes to college. My observations with graduates hired in the company I work for has been that they are ambitious and have a good work ethic, but I do not believe this is the result of college education. The reason I do not believe this is because their education is generally much too broad and they end up having to be fully trained for the specific jobs. And the lifestyle of the average college student is not exactly something that would be compatible with a productive job.
nath5

Re: Is College Education Worth The Money?

Postby Nick9 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:52 pm

I think you raised rather interesting question, but I tend to think there can’t be any answers, every case is individual. Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and other guys are geniuses, they all are exceptions from the rule. Other people of course need education, it is just a necessary stage for personal, social and professional development. In this sense I completely agree with the author, as it is really cool to get a “college mind set” , it greatly helps to communicate with other people and to obtain better job position. I wasn’t very diligent student (often used help from other guys and math assistance ), but I made many friends, found my first job being a student and got understanding of studying and making career in general.
Nick9

Postby laurenjulie » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:56 am

Education will open doors that aren't out there to those while not a university degree. I've got seen wherever not having associate education has control folks back. I've got ne'er seen wherever having a university education was a deterrent. However, selected your space of study fastidiously. college homework help - assignmentdoer.com. Look wherever the roles are projected to be in four years. selected the very best salaried field that you just can fancy the foremost.
laurenjulie

Postby kingranbir15 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:54 am

kingranbir15

Postby AmandaJordan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Community colleges have the same financial aid potential issue as other universities have. All majority of schools have a financial aid office. :good: College Education Link My idea is you Go and talk to an advisor.

AmandaJordan

Return to “%s” Announcements