Domain .ie

General questions relating to virtual servers.

Moderators: Web World Tech Support, Design Team, Design Team, Web World Tech Support

Domain .ie

Postby Webmaster » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi.........i have seen from the Windows Shared Hosting Plans on the E-Commerce that your price is €19.95.

However, i have seen somewhere else that to register an .ie domain you'll be charged €49 per domain. Is this the case with E-Commerce?? or is the domain's free?

Also, i have another question regarding the shared hosting plans. If i used this and want to stop the shared hosting and host it myself on my server is there a way u could migrate all my customers to my server?

This is something thats lacking from this website as it has no information what's over regarding this.
Webmaster

Postby daveg » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Our hosting plans do not include free domains. You can see our domain price list here :

http://manage.webworld.ie/domainchecker.php

We keep these charges separate because many of our customers already have domains registered with other hosts, if our hosting plans included domains then we would have to charge more and people would be double charged. That said I hear what you are saying about it being confusing, this is something we are going to address on our new site which will be live in the next 2 weeks.

To answer your second question, we can move sites for you but we charge for this. (€25 once off + VAT per site) This is generally a job for your webmaster (or yourself judging by your username) We cant fully test the site after its moved since we didn't design it. We can move the files & databases but you still might need to fix script problems caused by different paths or wrong permissions.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks
Dave Geoghegan
daveg@webworld.ie
daveg

Return to “%s” Shared Hosting